Leonard's backyard cottages are A-frame storage sheds and workshops, with the primary door located on the end. When the entrance is located on the gable side of the structure, it allows for taller doors and transoms — taller doors like garage doors are better suited on the end. To see plans with doors on the side see ranch sheds. Cottages make wonderful potting sheds, backyard storage buildings, and even garage workshops. View Pricing Now
What makes a Leonard Cottage better than the rest?
- Leonard has been building sheds for over 50 years — we are the shed experts.
- You are buying directly from the factory. There is no middle man adding unnecessary cost, and you customize your order to create the cottage that is perfect for you.
- All cottages are built using Leonard's famous Notched Skid Floor System™
- The walls are constructed with traditional 2"x4" studs on 16" centers with a bottom and top plates — just like your house. This is extremely rare in shed construction.
- The roof rafters are pre-jigged at the plant with high pressure steel press plates on both sides.
- Our cottages have higher roof pitches than most in the industry. This not only makes the buildings more visually pleasing, it also means you have more space inside.
- We offer several roofs options: asphalt shingle, architectural shingle, and metal.
- Our cottages are available with wood, metal, or vinyl siding. You can choose from thousands of Sherwin Williams paint colors, natural wood stains, dozens of vinyl colors, or several color options in metal.
What size shed do you need?
Leonard offers cottage style sheds in just about any size you want from a 6x8 to a 14x50. If you are unsure of the size you need, please take a moment to read a post about selecting the right size in our buying guide. Sizes listed below are based on nominal measurements. Popular sizes are: 6x8 | 8x10 | 8x12 | 10x12 | 10x16 | 12x16 | 12x20 | 12x24 | 12x28 | 14x24 | 14x28