Leonard's backyard cottages are A-frame storage sheds and workshops, with the primary door located on the end. When the entrance is located on the gabel side of the structure, it allows for taller doors and transomes — taller doors like garage doors are better suited on the end. To see plans with doors on the side see ranch sheds. Cottages make wonderful potting sheds, backyard storage buildings, and even garage workshops. View Pricing Now
What makes a Leonard Cottage better than the rest?
- Leonard has been building sheds for over 50 years — we are the shed experts.
- You are buying directly from the factory. There is no middle man adding unnecessary cost, and you customize your order to create the cottage that is perfect for you.
- All cottages are built using Leonard's famous Notched Skid Floor System™
- The walls are constructed with traditional 2"x4" studs on 16" centers with bottom and top plates — just like your house. This is extremely rare in shed construction.
- The roof rafters are pre-jigged at the plant with high pressure steel press plates on both sides.
- Our cottages have higher roof pitches than most in the industry. This not only makes the buildings more visually pleasing, it also means you have more space inside.
- We offer several roofs options: asphalt shingle, architectual shingle, and metal.
- Our cottages are available with wood, metal, or vinyl siding. You can choose from thousands of Sherwin Williams paint colors, natural wood stains, dozens of vinyl colors, or several color options in metal.
What size shed do you need?
Leonard offers cottage style sheds in just about any size you want from a 6x8 to a 14x50. If you are unsure of the size you need, please take a moment to read a post about selecting the right size in our buying gude. Sizes listed below are based on nominal measurements. Popular sizes are: 6x8 | 8x10 | 8x12 | 10x12 | 10x16 | 12x16 | 12x20 | 12x24 | 12x28 | 14x24 | 14x28
Piedmont - Gable with LP SmartSiding
The Piedmont is Leonard's newest series and has already become one of the most popular. Build up from Leonard's Famous Notched Skid Flooring system, the 2"x4" wall construction is much the same as a house on 16" centers with top and bottom plate. See the diagram below for more on the construction. The LP SmarSide(r) Panel siding material is used like wood but performs with the strength of engineered siding. This material hold paint very well but can also be stained with a great outdoor wood look. See more on this superior siding. For the roof material Leonard offers Architectural Shingle or 29 gauge Metal panels. Either are offered in a variety of colors standard.
It starts with Leonard's famous notched skid floor system (see below). The 2"x4" wall frame system is similar to house construction on 16" centers with top and bottom plate. The gable roof system uses metal plates to bind rafters into place with high pressure pneumatic press. The Piedmont features LP SmarSide panel siding. This material is simply the industry best and can be stained or painted to match your home.
Popular Cottage Style Painted Models
If you want your Cottage painted to match your home, you will want to use a siding material suited for holding paint. Leonard offers vertical panel and a lap board siding materials which are painted at the factory and designed to hold up well to the elements. It is easy to touch up and even change colors later. The siding, trim, door, corner posts, and shutters can all be selected separately allowing you to create the exact look for your backyard. Below are the models most likely in stock at one of our stores, but you can order one from a 6x8 up to a 14x50.
Popular Cottage Style Vinyl Models
Vinyl sided cottages offer a nice look and low maintenance. Vinyl resists moisture, insects, and the weather very well. Leonard builds the vinyl cottages with metal boxed eaves and nice six panel vinyl clad doors so that the entire building is hassle free.