Barns and Barn Style Sheds
Small barns and barn style sheds have traditional gambrel shaped roofs which provide more overhead loft space. Early farmers realized that in order to stack another bale of hay in the barn loft it was necessary to split the A-Frame rafters and modify the pitch. A loft door was added to access the loft area from the exterior. Today most of these doors are decorative but some barn shed models have working ones. View Pricing Now
Why choose Leonard?
- Leonard has been building barns for over 50 years — we are the shed experts.
- You are buying directly from the factory. There is no middleman adding unnecessary cost.
- You can customize your order to create the barn that is perfect for you.
- All barns are built using Leonard's famous Notched Skid Floor System™
- The walls are constructed with traditional 2"x4" studs on 16" centers with a bottom and top plates — just like your house while many other manufactures space them 24" apart.
- The roof rafters are pre-jigged at the plant with high-pressure steel press plates on both sides.
- Our high-wall barns have side walls that a bit taller than most.
- We offer several roofs options: asphalt shingle, architectural shingle, and metal.
- Our barns are available with wood, metal, or vinyl siding. You can choose from thousands of Sherwin Williams paint colors, natural wood stains, dozens of vinyl colors, or several color options in metal.
- The exterior base has a fur strip on most of our barns for protection against warping caused by rain splash.
What size barn do you need?
Leonard offers barn style sheds in just about any size you want from a 6x8 to a 14x50. If you are unsure of the size you need, please take a moment to read a post about selecting the right size in our buying guide. Sizes listed below are based on nominal measurements. Popular sizes are: 8x10| 8x12 | 10x14 | 10x16 | 12x12 | 12x16 | 12x20 | 12x24.