Barns and Barn Style Sheds
Small barns and barn style sheds have traditional gambrel shaped roofs which provide more overhead loft space. Early farmers realized that in order to stack another bale of hay in the barn loft it was necessary to split the A-Frame rafters and modify the pitch. A loft door was added to access the loft area from the exterior. Today most of these doors are decorative but some barn shed models have working ones. View Pricing Now
Why choose Leonard?
- Leonard has been building barns for over 50 years — we are the shed experts.
- You are buying directly from the factory. There is no middle man adding unnecessary cost.
- You can customize your order to create the barn that is perfect for you.
- All barns are built using Leonard's famous Notched Skid Floor System™
- The walls are constructed with traditional 2"x4" studs on 16" centers with bottom and top plates — just like your house while many other manufactures space them 24" apart.
- The roof rafters are pre-jigged at the plant with high pressure steel press plates on both sides.
- Our high-wall barns have side walls that a bit taller than most.
- We offer several roofs options: asphalt shingle, architectual shingle, and metal.
- Our barns are available with wood, metal, or vinyl siding. You can choose from thousands of Sherwin Williams paint colors, natural wood stains, dozens of vinyl colors, or several color options in metal.
- The exterior base has a fur strip on most of our barns for protection against warping caused by rain splash.
What size barn do you need?
Leonard offers barn style sheds in just about any size you want from a 6x8 to a 14x50. If you are unsure of the size you need, please take a moment to read a post about selecting the right size in our buying guide. Sizes listed below are based on nominal measurements. Popular sizes are: 8x10| 8x12 | 10x14 | 10x16 | 12x12 | 12x16 | 12x20 | 12x24.
- Originally $1999Sale Price$1699Rent to Own: $83 a month
- Originally $4346Sale Price$3599Rent to Own: $142 a month
Mayberry - High Wall Lofted Barn
Leonard's new Mayberry series has already become its most popular. It features LP SmartSide panel siding which is by far the best in the industry. It comes with a 50 year warranty and can be stained a nice wood look or painted to match your home. Leonard offers this unit in sizes from 8'x12' to 14'x50'. All 10'x16' units come standard with 5' double doors either on the end or side wall. They also come standard with four foot wide lofts on each end for extra storage. Notice the trim along the bottom of the siding - this is just one of many examples of how Leonard embeds quality into the design as well as the craftsmanship.
It starts with Leonard's famous notched skid floor system (see below). The 2"x4" wall frame system is similar to house construction on 16" centers with top and bottom plate. The gambrel roof system uses metal plates to bind rafters into place with high pressure pneumatic press. The Mayberry features LP SmarSide panel siding. This material is simply the industry best and can be stained or painted to match your home.
The world of pre-assembled and portable storage sheds, the foundation is paramount. Leonard's famous notched skid flooring system has been refined over the years to provide the most rugged and durable floor in the business. 4'x6' pressure treated skids are notched so that the pressure treated 2'x6' floor joists are squeezed in and cross fastened to avoid twisting or warping. This added step all allows the necessary stregnth move the building over its life without doing damage to the structure. The floor is covered with 3/4" engineered flooring that is designed to last longer and not warp.
- Treated engineered wood technology for long-lasting performance in tough climates
- SmartGuard treatment for protection against rot and termites
- Excellent resistance to warping, splitting and cupping
- Offers superior impact resistance
- Desirable upgrade from T1-11
- Free of knots, patches and face voids
- 5-year, 100% labor and replacement feature*
- 50-year prorated, limited warrenty of substrate*
Find out more about this great siding material
How do we deliver our sheds?
See our 4 different methods of delivery...
Best Warranty in the business!
We dare you to compare our warranty to our competitors.
Free Site Check
Not sure if a building will fit in your backyard.
NO Credit Check!
Read about how it's better than self-storage.
This model has been discontinued as a stock unit. We may have a few in stock and in some cases our factory will accept orders for these type units. Leonard's High Wall Deluxe Barn series is unique in the industry with its larger wing tipped eaves, house like construction, and working loft door. This barn series is offered in sidings of your choice: stained T1-11, painted Masonite vertical or horizontal lap , Vinyl, or Cedar. It is most often customized: Metal or shingle roof (no up charge), add porches, windows and doors. We can set up the inside anyway you like. Common Sizes are 10' 12' and 14' wides any length.
Popular High Wall Barns
This model has been discontinued as a stock unit and replaced with the Mayberry series (see above). Our customers much prefer the Mayberry's LP SmartSide panel siding over the T1-11 which we used to offer. We may have a few of the T1-11 in stock and in some cases our factory will accept orders for these type units. All 10 wides feature two large 4' deep lofts (one on each end) and double 30" doors on the end or double 36" doors on the side. You can choose metal or shingle roof (no up charge). We also offer the siding in easy to paint Masonite or T1-11 for the stained look. You can design a barn in a range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, or even 14 wide and any length you want. See more on Interior and Exterior Options.
Popular Mini Barns
The Mini barn was offered in either T1-11 or Masonite siding. Today we are transitioning to the superior siding material, LP SmartSide. The Mini Barn is only available in a 8' wides and stocked in only an 8'x12' size. This unit is affordable and provides plenty of room for basic yard equipment, tools, or just general storage. The shorter side wall does not allow us to offer a loft in this model - see the Mayberry for Lofted Barns.
Russel G. from the Raleigh area recently had us build a barn in his backyard. Actually, this was the second barn we have built in his backyard. The first was to house some equipment for a business he operates called Smoked Out 'n Fried cattering www.smokedoutnfried.com. The second one (10x16 PENE barn) pictured above he got to store family furniture after his parents passed away. At first he considered building an addition to the house, but in the end, he felt a Leonard building with insulation and paneling might work just as well, cost far less, and be fairly easy to get done quickly. There are a lot of ways to solve storage challenges and we hope Leonard can continue to provide alternatives that make sense for our customers. Thank you, Russel for sharing your story.
Mayberry 10x16 701
Door 1: Leonard Made - Double Door 36"
Door 2: Trap Door (Faux) over the door
Loft Qty: 2
Loft: 10 feet wide with 4 foot of depth
Vent: Ridge Cap
Rent To Own: Starting at $123 for a 60 Month contract
Mayberry 10x16 703
Door: Leonard Made Double Door ( 36")
Loft Qty: 2
Loft: 10 feet wide with 4 feet of depth
Vent: Ridge Vent
Rent To Own: $123 starting monthly payment for a 60-month contract